Instagram reaches 150M active monthly users
Instagram recently celebrated its third birthday! To celebrate, I thought I would share a few interesting facts and stats about the image and video app that has become such a big part of our daily lives.
- More than 16 billion photos have been shared on Instagram
- Instagram has reached 150 million active monthly users
- 60% of Instagram users are outside of the United States
- Approximately 55 million photos are posted each day
- Posts receive 1.2 billion likes daily
Because of this major following, many businesses have secured Instagram accounts. The platform is a great resource to tell your brand’s story. Here are a few tips for getting started with Instagram for your business:
- Use an account name that makes your account easy to find
- Include your website URL in your profile description
- Start following and be sure to follow back
- Use hashtags to describe your photo
- Be sure to measure your Instagram success! This post by Rachael Seda at Waxing Unlyrical provides recommendations for some great measurement tools like Statigram and Nitrogram.
More tips can be found in this post by Debbie Hemley on Social Media Examiner.
Photos and videos are great way to show, rather than tell, your brand’s story. You can strategically post photos that demonstrate your brand mission, vision and values to your customers. Here are a few brands doing an excellent job of telling their brand story using Instagram
- Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
- Starbucks and Starbucks Canada
- Martha Stewart Living
- Kiel James Patrick
What is your favourite account to follow? Tell us in the comments below and check out our thinking on social media here.