Follow Friday: Health Care Social Media Canada
Health Care Social Media Canada is a weekly chat founded by Colleen Young. According to the desciption on at www.symplur.com, @hcsmca is a vibrant community of people sharing about all things related to health care and social media in Canada.
Colleen founded the Canadian version of the global health care social media chat (#hcsm), which is held Sunday evenings at 9pm @HealthSocMed. Similar to @hcsmca, the global chat seeks to provide a collaborative space for individuals (including doctors, caregivers, patients and more) to discuss issues and best practices in the changing landscape of health care and health care communications.
Tweet chats like #hcsm and #hcsmca provide a great opportunity to learn, share and collaborate with a passionate group of health care providers and communicators.
Here are the instructions for participating in the weekly chats from Colleen Young’s website:
- Get a Twitter account.
- Go to TweetChat.com.
- Enter the hcsmca in the box that says “Enter hashtag to follow” and click Go.
- Sign in to participate in the chat. (note the hashtag #hcsmca will automatically be added to your tweets.
- Review this week’s topics. Feel free to add a topic yourself.
- Be online at 1 pm EST (2 pm AST, noon CST, 11 am MST, 10 am PST).
- Chat! Be sure to add #hcsmca to your comments so they show up in the stream.